ⓘ This role is on a newly formed team, with an initial team meeting planned in early 2024.
As an official state preliminary associated with the Miss America Organization, the Miss North Carolina Organization is a part of the largest scholarship providing organization for women in the world. Promoting an emphasis on academics and communication skills, the MNCO is considered a launching pad for young women to further their academic and career goals.
The Brand Marketing Team supports the organizations marketing efforts in developing content for the Miss North Carolina Organization’s social channels and website. This role will report into the Brand Marketing Lead and will work with a team to contribute to social media management, special program promotion, and content creation. This is a pro-bono volunteer position.
- Plan and create content for brand marketing campaigns that drive awareness for the organization and its programs through social media channels, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, and Linkedin
- Work with Brand Marketing Leads to brainstorm new content initiatives and seasonal content strategies
- Contribute to content calendars, including image sourcing and copywriting
- Find new content and engagement opportunities by staying in tune with the always-evolving topic of the Miss America Opportunity
- Contribute to Analytics reporting
- Translate the national brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts, with the goal of elevating North Carolina’s visual brand identity across all verticals
- Collaborate on documentation of creative marketing processes and responsibilities by creating artifact materials for the organizational knowledge hubs
- Attend monthly online meetings of the Brand Marketing Team to update on plans and progress as required
- Related interest and experience preferred, with an emphasis on social media strategy, content creation and community engagement
- Self-motivated and proactive, with strong creative skills
- Excellent ability to translate the organization’s marketing needs into relevant content
- Excellent communication skills and cross-functional collaboration
- Experience producing marketing collateral is a plus
- Experience working across various campaigns – from writing, social media, video, events, etc.
- Experience working in a member or mission-driven organization is a plus
- Enjoy collaborating and seeing projects through to completion
- Experience with fundraising or donation-driven marketing campaigns is a plus
Roughly 3-5 hours per week with a 6-month initial commitment.
This position is remote.