Carolina Star Program - Miss North Carolina Organization's mentorship program (ages 5-12)
The Purpose and Goals of the Carolina Star Program:
- The Carolina Star Program is for young ladies ranging in ages from 5 to 12 years old.
- It is a mentoring program in which the Carolina Stars are mentored by local Miss North Carolina and Miss North Carolina’s Teen titleholders during their year of service. A Carolina Star is encouraged to join her mentor in as many appearances, volunteer opportunities and other events as possible.
- Carolina Stars will participate in the Carolina Star production number and attend promotional events with their mentors during the week of the Miss North Carolina & Miss North Carolina’s Teen Competitions.
- The main goal of the Carolina Star Program is to enable Carolina Stars to have better insight to the Miss North Carolina & Miss North Carolina’s Teen Competitions and what the Miss America program is all about.
- The Carolina Star Program:
- encourages younger, active involvement in the Miss North Carolina & Miss North Carolina’s Teen programs;
- provides a forum for personal growth;
- mentors using positive role models;
- most of all is fun all while serving the North Carolina communities!
Carolina Stars begin their mentorship with Miss and Teen candidates at the local level. To find where an eligible young woman may become involved in the Carolina Star Program, please find a local competition and contact the Local Director for details.